Hubsan Zino drones aren’t new in the remote control quadcopters industry. When Hubsan released its ZINO H117s, it went quite popular among people who are interested in drones. Brand new Hubsan Zino Pro is a new version of H117s. Zino Pro offers all the great qualities of H117s as well as new and modified features too.
Here are some details about this great quadcopter:
Hubsan Zino Pro drone Review
Talking about the design, there is no prominent or noticeable difference between H117S and Zino Pro like both have brushless motors, 3-axis gimbal, spidery-looking body, and almost similar remote controllers, etc… One difference insight is that the Pro version is released explicitly in black color only.
It has a solid build with suitable quality plastic. This drone has foldable props, making it a compact choice to carry it during traveling. It weighs just over 700g. The Zino Pro package also has a very well-made gimbal cover to protect the 3-axis gimbal of the quadcopter.
This gimbal cover is straightforward to put on and remove. The remote controller is somehow the same as the previous version, but the new one is equipped with a more precise joystick than the earlier version.
The camera is one of the most substantial aspects of Hubsan Zino Pro. No doubt, this drone’s 4k ultra-high-definition camera is the best one available camera for a drone in this price range. 4k UHD camera is also 5G enabled, which allows you to capture professional class aerial photos and record high-resolution footage.
The camera shoots at 30fps with 720p resolution (3840 x 2160). The Pro’s camera has an Ambarella A12S imaging processor and a 1/3″ Sony image sensor.
Intelligent flight modes
You can use Zino Pro with several flight modes to enjoy ease while attaining your desired results. To use these modes, it’s necessary to download the X-Hubsan app on a smartphone. These modes are:
- In this mode, Panorama mode, with just a press of a button camera, rotates to 360 degrees and keeps recording to provide panoramic shoot. This mode is capable of taking spherical and 180-degree panoramas, vertical shots, and wide-angle shots.
- Waypoint mode: in this mode, the user draws a route pathway to follow for a drone with the X-Hubsan app’s help, and drones follow this path on autopilot.
- Tracking mode: with the help of this mode, you can lock down a target for a drone, and the drone follows that track automatically.
- Line fly mode: using this mode, you can draw a straight path for your drone on your app, and the drone will fly on that route automatically. This mode is similar to waypoint one, but you can only draw a start path for your aircraft.
Flight safety modes:
There are several flight safety modes to ensure that you don’t lose your drone on signal loss or low battery. Prominent safety modes are:
- Low battery fails safe: when a drone battery gets low, the drone automatically starts returning home before the battery goes entirely dead. When the battery reaches a small charge, the automatic return home function will be activated, and the drone will return to where you are
- Loss control fails safe: you don’t need to worry that your quadcopter gets lost if it will forget directions. Using the GPS, the drone returns to the flying point as soon as it loses its way.
- Automatic return home: if signals strength drop or if signals vanish completely, the drone has a built-in feature to return to the home
Flight time for the drone is 23 minutes in case of no obstacles or interference. The maximum flight range is 1 kilometer, but many users noticed that this range is lowered by 40% in case of obstacles. The drone is capable of flying at a speed of 60km/h.
This quadcopter can fly up to 500m in height, but this limit can be set from the app. One drawback of this drone is that it doesn’t have any sensors to detect obstacles decreasing optical flow stabilization.
The battery is a Lithium-ion battery. It is capable of providing a longer flight time than most other drones in its price range. It has a charge of 3000 mAh.
The significant difference between Zino H11s and Zino Pro is updated software. The first version of the drone was terrible with GPS accuracy, but the pro version flies quite steady and has better GPS accuracy.
Vision Auxiliary Landing
This is a new feature in Zino Pro, which enables the drone to search the apron automatically. This makes the landing of aircraft safer and more precise.
This feature is also new in the Pro version of the drone. Hyperlapse supports free delay, surrounded delay, directional delay, and tracking delay.
There are several other features. The drone is supported by dual satellite positioning, i.e., GPS+GLONASS.
It has a mechanical three-axis stabilization gimbal, which enables the drone to deliver fast and steady performance. The camera fits perfectly with this gimbal.
The lens cover of the Zino pro is removable. Different lens filters can replace this lens cover to achieve better optical results, add variety in pictures, etc.
The wind resistance level for a drone is level 5.
It has a high-speed and steady hovering precision.
Your smartphone can easily be converted into the Hubsan Zino Pro <- Affiliate Link 🙂 controller by installing the X-Hubsan app on a smartphone. Both Android and iOs support this app.
Hubsan Zino Pro Specs:
- Model name: HUBSAN ZINO PRO
- The material of aircraft: PC Foldable Design
- Size (folded): 18.7×10.4x9cm
- Expanded size: 30.46×25.24x9cm (Without Paddles)
- Item Weight: 2.34 Kg
- Package Dimensions: 26.3 x 22.6 x 18.1 cm
- Camera: 4K ultra-high definition (30fps)
- Camera resolution: 3840 x 2160p
- Camera sensor: 1/3 inch SONY sensor
- Manufacturer recommended age: 14 years and up.
- Separate batteries Required: No
- Flying Weight:700g (including the weight of Paddle + battery)
- Motors: Brushless Motor 2516 (KV1200)
- Satellite positioning systems: DUAL ( GPS+GLONASS)
- Gimbal: 3 axis
- Image transmission system: LEAS 1.0
- Max flight time: 23 minutes (if no wind)
- WIFI Control and Video Transmission Distance: 4 kilometers (only if there are no interference and no obstacle)
- Max flight speed: 9 m/s
- Max rise speed: 4 m/s
- Max descent speed: 2 m/s
- Max tilt angle: Normal mode 25° and for Sport mode 35°
- Maximum wind resistance level: 5
- Working temperature: -10℃～40℃
- Supported version mobile device system: Android 4.1.2 and + IOS 8.0
- Micro SD card (not included in the package): 16 GB to 132 GB
- Capacity: 3100mAh
- Battery Type: Lipo 3S
- Voltage: 11.4V
- Energy: 34.2Wh
What’s inside the package?
- 2x Intelligent Flight Battery
- HT016 Remote Controller
- Car Charger
- 4x Propellers
- Gimbal Protector
- 8x Propeller Screws
- 4x Propeller Screws
- Propeller Wrench
- AC Adapter
- Balance Charger
- USB Charger for Aircraft Battery
- USB Charger for Transmitter Battery
- RC Cable (Lightning Connector)
- RC Cable (Standard Micro USB Connector)
- One RC Cable (USB Type-C Connector)
- Portable Bag for aircraft
- User Manual ( in English)
- Hubsan 1 Year Limited Warranty card
- 23 minutes of flight time
- Ultra HD 4K camera
- 4kilometers transmission distance
- Automatic return home
- Loss Control Failsafe
- Three-axis gimbal
- Detachable filter
- Low battery failsafe
- Dual satellite support GPS+GLONASS
- Ultra high definition video filming
- Panoramic features. Aerial photography
- Vision Auxiliary Landing
- Hovering precision
- Can’t avoid obstacles
- No low battery warning on the controller
- No position hold sensors
Hubsan Zino Pro <- Affiliate Link 🙂 is one of the best drones you can get in its price range. It is a decent device at an attractive price with a 4K camera, up to 23 minutes fly time, 4 km signal range, GPS+GLONASS, and several other great features.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
11 thoughts on “Hubsan Zino Pro drone Review”
The way you explain is really awesome. Thanks for sharing this awesome article.
Thanks mate, I’m so glad you find my review useful.
Please feel free to ask if you need further advice as I am here to help
I intend to use a drone to video the inside of homes that are for sale. Do you think the zino pro would be a good drone to do that?
When did you make this review? Today is April 30th 2020
The review is from this year, the 1st of March.
Yes, could be – but needs a lot of practice to control the drone inside houses…
I’d better use a camera- like Nikon z6 for super performance,
or Sony A6000 for the best quality/price results
Don’t waste your money or time on this pile of junk!!!
Updated the firmware, horizon calibration, gimbal calibration, compass calibration and calibrated the controller and made sure that the drone is on a clear channel before flight. Phone in airplane mode. Open field, no trees and no wires!
Drone drifts, makes circular motions, does not hold a horizontal calibration, hard to land, loss of connection of controller and FPV signal at 400′ to 1000′. Complete loss of connection after 1000′. Gimbal horizon not level. Hovering in GPS mode, drone yaws (left and/ or right) without any input from controller, does not hold a stable position. Camera picture is horrible, blurry on left side of screen – not 4K UHD at all! Camera/ video quality not even as good as the original Zino. Does not beep when turned on. Battery only lasts 10-12 minutes maximum. And, absolutely no support of any kind from Hubsan!!!
Big disappointment!! Nothing but an overpriced drone with a junk camera!! Don’t waste your money or time on this useless pile of flying junk!!! Most of the Zino pro drones that are sold today, are faulty drones that have been returned and resold as new! Hubsan is a sham company, I will never purchase anything from them again!!! They have lost my business forever!!!
Hi Lee, I am sorry to hear that.
But, It is something strange here… Have you tried more products from Hubsan, or this was the only one?
Just because I heard good things about them (I really know nothing about their response time in case of issues), and the problems you mentioned…
This sounds to me like you got bad luck or lousy supplier.
Where did you buy it from?
If Amazon, why not just return it and have your cashback?
Sorry, but this is confusing…
Think you’ve got a bad one … your description certainly doesn’t match mine
I have notice that my drone drifts and makes circular motions, does not hold a horizontal calibration and is hard to land, . But I have re start both drone and the controller and then it is ok . The picture change when i use better SD card
Indeed, sometimes is better not to go directly in blaming the gadget or the seller for issues.
Restarting was a good way to deal with your situation.
I’m glad you succeeded.
About images or videos, yes, it is better to use high-speed memory cards for better performance.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am sure someone else will find this info useful in dealing with issues.
This is my first drone and I think your article is spot on. I’m still cutting my teeth on it – had to replace props a couple of times (more on the way); photos look great but getting faster SD cards for video. I did update the firmware and ran into a problem of the gimble no longer holding steady. Three back and forth exchanges with Hubsan got me through the crisis. I do have a drifting problem but not insurmountable. Not sure if I should expect better at this price point.
While I agree on cons of regarding the lack of obstacle avoidance and hold sensors, my phone is set to vibrate which it does starting at 40% power remaining and continues at 30% and then auto return at 20%. I got the package with spare batteries, props and case.
I did have a phone issue. My current Moto Z2 Play would not connect with the controller. However, an older Moto Play I had works great. It is now dedicated to the drone.
Thanks Malcolm, for sharing your experience with us! This is helping a lot in dealing with eventual issues Hubsan Zino Pro owners may have.