Neewer 2.4G HSS 1/8000s is amazing and provides good value for the investment. I have used it personally on camera and a slave flash on a tripod, and it produced results, which were the best photographs I have taken so far.
It has helped me overpower the late-day sun, which resulted in popped and flawless images. As it uses AA batteries, which don’t run down, and I never faced any hassle with functionality.
The performance is also perfect as it worked in HSS flawlessly, be it manual or TTL. It can be controlled with a transmitter without any issue, which makes it user-friendly.
It is appropriate for both advanced and basic photographers as its settings are easy to grasp, yet they produce professional results. The recycle time also doesn’t have any problem, and it has fired timely, every time for me.
Let us look at its features in detail so that you get to know everything beforehand about this sophisticated piece of equipment.
It is a powerful flash with a high guide No.60 (ISO 100), and it offers high-speed sync of up to 1/8000th per second. It supports Multi, M, FEC, Slave, Master, S1, S2, and TTL modes. As it is compatible with TTL, it makes recordings very easy for users.
Neewer 2.4G HSS 1/8000s is designed specifically for New Sony Mi Hot Shoe Mirrorless Digital Camera and is also perfect to use with Neewer Godox Flashes and many other cameras such as Sony A7, A7SII, A7R, A7S, A7II, A77II, A7RII, A6000, A6300, A6500, A58, A99, and many more.
It gives a 22 steps power output of 1/128-1/1 and has a recycle time of 2.3s. Auto, or Manual Zooming capability at about 18 -180 mm, gives 210 Full Power Flashes. The rechargeable AA batteries it uses are the best as they can run for weeks, and I haven’t felt the need to recharge them yet.
It also sports a front and rear curtain sync and a Built-in 2.4G Wireless remote transmission system for dedicated remote control along with a further transmission of 30 meters. The transmission has a stable output and even illumination. It perfectly syncs with the camera.
It has an excellent operation panel as it comes with a Dot-matrix LCD panel, which gives easy and clear operation. It also consists of an Auto Focus Assist Beam and allows the setting of custom functions, which makes it very user-friendly.
It also helps conserve energy as it has a power saver mode, which automatically shuts it down after an idle time of 90 seconds. Lastly, it is very rigid and strong. It comes with an overheating protection and firmware upgrade, which improves its efficiency.
If used as a master unit, the following slave unit models can be controlled by it: AD600, NW600BM, AD600M, AD360II-N, AD360II-C, NW860IIS, V860IIS, NW850II, V850II, NW880S, TT685S, NW865, and TT600.
If used as a slave unit, the following master unit models can control it: N1T-S, NW860IIS, X1T-S, V860IIS, V850II, NW850II, NW880S, NW865, TT685S, and TT600.
The included instructions are straightforward to follow, so anyone can read them and use them perfectly. Everything from its features to the flash settings is mentioned and labeled, which makes it easier to understand.
That is why you don’t need professional experience to handle this flash as newer manufacturers ensure that everything is mentioned in detail and users are well-guided
Looking at its price, it is very cheap and beats the competition. It provides a fantastic value for money, and now you can boost your portrait photograph without costing you much. It cost very little as compared to other flashes in the market while it works better than them.
It might look small, but its performance is wonderful, especially in low light conditions! Its compactness is an advantage as it reduces the weight and makes it easy to carry. It easily lights up most rooms adequately and is perfect for real estate photography. The light effect is just perfect, with even distribution and balance.
Summing it up, you wouldn’t find such a versatile flash in this price range as it is a pretty amazing piece of equipment that costs very little and delivers its best!
Neewer 2.4G HSS 1/8000s specifications:
- Length: 2.99
- Width: 4.49
- Height: 6.93
- Weight: 0.62 pounds
- Guide Number: 36 (m ISO 100)
- Tilting Flash Head: Horizontally 0 to 270 Degree – Vertically 7 to 90 Degree
- Flash Duration: 1/350 to 1/20000s
- Exposure Control System: TTL Autoflash / Manual Flash
- Flash Exposure Compensation: Manual + / -3 stops in 1/3 stop increments
- Wireless Flash: 2.4G Transmission
- Sync Mode: High-Speed Sync Up to 1/8000s
- Wireless Flash Function: Master, Slave, and Off
- Controllable Slave Groups: A, B, C)
- Transmission Range: Approximately 30M
- Channels: 16 Auto Focus Assist Beam
- Effective Range: Approximately Center: 0.6 – 4 m
- Periphery: 0.6 – 2.5m
- Batteries: 2500m A Ni-MH Batteries
- Recycle Time: Approximately 0.1 – 2.2s
- Full Power Flashes: Approximately 210
- Power Saving: Power Off after approximately.90 sec of idle operation automatically
- Sync Triggering Mode: Hot shoe / Optic Triggering
What’s in the box?
- NW400S flash
- Mini Stand
- Hard Diffuser
- Protective Pouch
- User Manual
- It Support HSS (Max.1/8000s),
- It contains Front and Rear Curtain Sync.
- It has 22 steps of power output and approximately .0.1-2.2s Recycle Time
- It has 24-105mm auto/manual zooming.
- It provides Optical transmission with even illumination.
- The output is stable.
- The dot-matrix LCD panel gives clear operation,
- It has POWER saver mode.
- It has overheating protection.
- It has Firmware Upgrade.
- Battery life is excellent.
- Flash head can be adjusted to provide complete flash angle possibilities.
- Ease of use as instructions are very straightforward.
- There is a huge time lag between clicking the shutter and shutter release.
- The controls are less intuitive.
- It doesn’t always automatically turns on from standby.
- It is so small that the light output tends to concentrate, which harsher shadows.
- The back screen is useless if not used in manual mode.
- Speed of use is also slow as the initial connection with the camera takes time.
- The speed of recharging is slow.
I have tried many flashes, but this one has been so far the best. It does have a few drawbacks, but all the other features make up for it. With its price tag, it is a cheap bargain, and you shouldn’t miss it.
I gladly recommend it to all because its performance and functionality justifies it. It is part of my equipment and should be part of yours too. You will thank me later because this flash is something you wish you had a long time ago.
I am not biased, but I genuinely feel that Neewer has outdone the industry this time and has created this fine piece of equipment that works beyond perfection. It has fulfilled my every needs beautiful.
So grab it now and excel in your photography adventures from now onwards!