This Fujifilm X-T3 is designed for both action photographers and videographers. It is a versatile mirrorless camera that features high-speed performance, multimedia flexibility, along with capable imaging. It sports a newly developed 26.1MP APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor.
That is why it can capture high-resolution stills and can also record 4K video. It features a back-illuminated design, which leads to better image quality throughout the sensitivity range. The autofocus system also delivers both fast and precise focusing performance as it features an expansive 2.16m-point phase-detection.
Complementing the operations are and X-Processor 4 that utilizes four CPUs leading to faster image processing. The viewfinders are also excellent, and controls are intuitive as well. The appearance and build of this camera is a classic and makes it more noteworthy.
Let us now look at the features of this Fujifilm X-T3 <- Affiliate Link 🙂 in detail to understand what makes it so special:
Fujifilm X-T3 review
X-T3 retains a classically inspired camera with prominent tactile controls. From an updated sensor and processor to a bright and clear viewing, it has everything. Let us first discuss the viewfinder, an OLED electronic design featuring a 3.69m-dot resolution complemented by a high 0.75x magnification.
It delivers extraordinary viewing and also has a high refresh rate of 100 fps for fluidity. An added perk is that it remains blackout-free while shooting at even the top 30 fps. Moreover, it also has a unique Sports Finder Mode for highlighting the 16.6MP crop area so that users can get an additional room outside of the frame for recognition if moving subjects.
Then there is also a rear 3.2″ 1.04m-dot LCD monitor, which can be used instead for larger image playback, settings adjustment, menu navigation, and live view shooting. It has a three-way tilting design, too, benefiting working at high and low angles.
Coming onto operation, this camera revolves around the newly developed APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which leads to smooth tonal rendering and better low-light performance along with low native ISO 160 setting thanks to its back-illuminated design.
High image quality
It also delivers a high degree of image quality, nuanced colors, sharpness, and tonal transitions and reduces moiré and aliasing. It has an expanded phase-detection autofocus system with 2,160,000 points, which coverage to the entire sensor area.
It’s focusing performance is not only quicker but also more accurate, complemented by with low-light sensitivity down to EV -3. Then it features an X-Processor 4, which delivers faster focus response for subject tracking thanks to its four CPU units. It also supports Face and Eye-Detection and benefits performance with AF speeds as low as 0.06 sec.
Additionally, the X-T3 is more than a stills camera. It also offers an enticing range of video capabilities, such as a UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording. Moreover, video files can be saved as MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 or as HEVC/H.265 compressions. Then video performance is also benefited by the speed of the quad-CPU X-Processor, which results in fast read speeds and reduced rolling shutter.
This camera also has additional features such as Film Simulation and Grain Effect Modes, Dual SD card slots for a more flexible means of storing, Front and rear command dials for easy usage, six different function buttons, and a dedicated Focus Lever for more intuitive control and many more. It also has in-built Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control.
Finally, it has a magnesium-alloy body, which is very durable and strong as it is fully weather-sealed. So you can work with it in trying weather conditions as well.
What’s in the Box?
- FUJIFILM X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Black)
- Li-Ion Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash
- FUJIFILM Body Cap for FUJIFILM X-Mount Cameras
- Shoulder Strap
- Strap Clip
- Protective Cover
- Clip Attaching Tool
- Cable Protector
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Fujifilm X-T3 Specifications:
- Lens Mount: FUJIFILM X
- Camera Format: APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Effective Pixels: 26.1 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution: 6240 x 4160
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 23.5 x 15.6 mm
- Image File Format: JPEG, RAW
- Bit Depth: 14-Bit
- Image Stabilization: None
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 160 to 12800 (Extended: 80 to 51200)
- Metering Method: Average, Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation: -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Interval Recording: Yes
- Self-Timer: 2/10-Second Delay
- Recording Limit: 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Recording: Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- Audio File Format: Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Focus Type: Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode: Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points: Phase Detection: 2160000
- Viewfinder Type: Electronic
- Viewfinder Size: 0.5″
- Viewfinder Resolution: 3,690,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point: 23 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage: 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 0.75x
- Diopter Adjustment: 4 to +2
- Monitor Size: 3″
- Monitor Resolution: 1,040,000 Dot
- Monitor Type: Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash: No
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/250 Second
- Dedicated Flash System: TTL
- External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe, PC Terminal
- Memory Card Slot: Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)
- GPS: No
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 80%
- Battery: 1 x NP-W126S Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 3.7 x 2.3″ / 132.5 x 92.8 x 58.8 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight with Battery and Memory: 1.19 lb, / 539 g
- 4K video capture is impressive
- Dial-based controls with decent customization
- Fast as well as configurable autofocus
- Rapid shooting with a good buffer
- The choice for separate stills and video exposure settings
- Long battery life
- Eye detection system IS Effective
- 10-bit Log capture is there
- Headphone and mic sockets are available
- Connecting and sharing is easier because of Bluetooth
- Detailed Viewfinder
- highly versatile Dual-hinged screen
- Convenient USB charging
- The menu is a little confusing
- Higher noise levels at high ISOs
- Not that good at capturing videos
- No non-face subject tracking in video
The Fujifilm X-T3 is indeed one of the best cameras in the market. It offers an optimal balance of image quality and movie capability in one package, which no other camera does. It is not even expensive, like other full-frame cameras, but still offers high image quality.
Though it doesn’t have in-body image stabilization and video recording is not excellent, but all the other features it offers make up for them. So invest in this kit <- Affiliate Link 🙂 to get the best value for money along with extraordinary performance!