Fujifilm X-H1 was released back in 2018. The camera is one of their X series and mirrorless products but was soon overshadowed by some of Fujifilm’s models. Fans of the camera argue about the bad timing of the model’s release, but that’s another topic. The X-H1 is one of the most advanced and best cameras being released by Fujifilm and has many features. The camera brings several improvements compared to the earlier models, but some more advanced features were integrated.
Fujifilm mirrorless camera review – Fujifilm X-H1
Fujifilm is one of the most innovative and reliable cameras for years. I came to know about the Nikon or Canon in my adulthood. But I can assure you that my family was using the Fujifilm cameras since I was a child. There is no doubt in the products manufactured by Fujifilm and are durable and long-lasting.
The camera’s body is made of aluminum alloy and is scratch, dust, and splash resistant. According to the company, the camera is 25% thicker than its previous models. This makes the X-H1 more durable and long-lasting. These features allow us to use the camera anywhere regarding the conditions. Now either it is raining, freezing, or there is a sandstorm, you can still take the snaps.
The video recording is the Xh-1’s most admired feature and the one I like the most. The camera is capable of:
- Recording at the resolution of 4K(4096×2160): The video recorded on the 4K resolution is very high-quality and quite impressive. The feature is supported by an advanced microphone, which ensures that sound quality is also excellent and synchronized with the video.
- Can Record at High Speed: This feature enables you to record the video of fast-moving objects like cars, jets, etc. The result will be controlled, and there won’t be any fps issue.
- Film Simulation (ETERNA): If you want to give your video some cinematic effects, then the brand new ETERNA feature will support you a lot. This will increase the quality of your video, and the colors will be more bright or sharp.
These features aren’t available on some of the other mainstream models.
X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
Fujifilm X-H1 is equipped with a 24.3 X-Trans CMOS III Sensor that ensures that the picture to be of high-quality, rich colors and enhanced details. The results are further improved when we use the best or suitable lens.
This is another unique feature, interested in the X-H1. The X-processor pro increases the speed of the camera and enhances the capacity and performance of the X-Trans CMOS III Sensor.
The viewfinder integrated into the X-H1 is far more improved than the earlier models and is bright, fast, and has 3.69-million-dot high-resolution. The magnification ratio is also increased while the time of lag is just 0.005 seconds. This will help you focus on the target object more precisely, even if it moves at fast speeds.
The autofocus of the camera is quite capable and can easily focus on fast-moving objects. Besides, the X-H1 has an in-built image stabilization function, which could prove effective a lot when equipped with the stabilized lens. If you are not using the tripod, like using the camera in hand, or focusing on fast-moving objects, these features will provide you with some great results.
Now you can connect your mobile or laptop via Bluetooth to the camera and partially control some of the functionalities like previewing the settings, changing the setting, or transferring your photos or videos to the mobile or laptop.
Flickering is something that most of the photographer’s experience. But the Fujifilm X-H1 has an in-built flickering reduction feature that reduces it to a minimum.
Pros & Cons:
Let’s have a look at some of the Pros and Cons of the Fujifilm X-H1.
- Great RAW and JPEG image quality Sharp DCI 4K video with little moire or aliasing
- Solid weather-resistant build
- Good autofocus for both video and photos
- 5-axis image stabilization works well for still and video shooting
- A big heavy body that Fujifilm fans might not like
- Lacks exposure compensation dial
- Autofocus doesn’t work well outside the phase-detect zone
- Limited battery life
- Video shooting times limited to 15 minutes
- No built-in headphone jack
Fujifilm X-H1 Specifications:
- 24.3-megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- X Processor Pro
- Integrated 5-axis image stabilization (IBIS)
- Vibration-free closure
- Professional video features (including Cinema 4K)
- Large electronic viewfinder with 3.69 million pixels
- Folding and swiveling 7.6 cm (3-inch) touchscreen LCD with 1.04 million pixels
- 3.25 cm (1.8 inches) shoulder display
- Particularly robust housing
- Splash-proof and dustproof
- Cold-resistant to minus 10-degrees
- Improved AF algorithm
- Dual memory card slot
- Wi-Fi function
- Film simulation modes (including ETERNA)
- Creative filter effects
The X-H1 will be suitable for the photography enthusiasts that love to shoot fast-moving objects, like car racing, wildlife, etc. Due to its high-resolution video recording, you can professionally shoot the wedding, birthdays, or any other events. Not to forget that the camera also features the splash, freeze, and dust resistance.
Now, you can easily go on mountaineering without thinking, where the temperature is in minus or take some epic snaps while it is raining. The other models that don’t have these features have to think twice before taking their cameras out. But the X-H1 gives you full freedom.
In conclusion, I would say that Fujifilm X-H1 is one of the most effective cameras in the market. Due to some trends, people often go for Nikon or Canon. But if we examine the factors and features precisely, we will know that the Fujifilm gives a lot more features and quality. So, before making the decision or purchase, research all the models or brands thoroughly.