If you want a camera that blends retro appearance with modern functionality, then Fujifilm X-A5 is perfect for you. It is a mirrorless digital camera that features a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor along with an updated processor.
This makes it 1.5 times faster than its predecessors. It is a model that is designed to be portable. It is easy to carry around because it weighs only 12.73 oz. This lightweight doesn’t comprise quality as this camera still comes with a full set of professional features required by advanced shooters.
Not only does it offer UHD 4K recording but also sports an Intelligent Hybrid AF system with phase-detect points. This leads to lightning-fast focusing. The image quality is also excellent!
Let us now look at the features of this Fujifilm X-A5 in detail to understand what makes it so special:
The performance of this camera is above par. The APS-C cropped sensor offers 24.2MP stills and record video up to UHD 4K. This is quite impressive in this price range. Then it also sports an Intelligent Hybrid AF system which results in faster and accurate focusing resulting in sharper images.
It also features phase-detection technology for enhancing results. Its electronic shutter also has a maximum speed of 1/32,000 seconds for outclass functioning. For optimizing performance it also has Quiet Venue mode which disables the sound of both the shutter and controls, to make it least noisy.
Normal scene modes are also available like fireworks, sunset, beach, portrait, for enhancing results. It also has in-built manual pop-up flash on its left side for improving shooting,
Not only does it have primary capabilities but also advance ones such as Burst Function which results in quick production of stills at 15 fps, thus enabling users in selecting the best frame. It also sports a Portrait Enhancer Mode which leads to pleasing skin tones.
Then it the Multi Focus Mode it comes with allows focus stacking and merges 4K images automatically with adjusting the depth of field to give you the best results. Then it also has seventeen advanced filters available such as low-key, soft focus, HDR art, fog removal, toy camera modes which enhance veracity and enables usage in a variety of situations such as HDR photography. Then it also has eleven film simulation filters that are designed to replicate the look of film prints. They include classic chrome, velvia, and sepia tones.
Coming on to operations, this camera is very user-friendly thanks to its tilting 3″ LCD touchscreen. This screen comes with a noteworthy 1040k-dot resolution complemented by a revamped GUI which makes the use more intuitive. The screen can also turn 180 degrees for selfie-taking as the camera’s rear command dial switches functions automatically enabling easier control of shutter release and zoom.
Even though holding the camera in selfies is difficult but you can manage. Then the selfies are also sharp because the rotation automatically stimulates an eye detection AF function. This focuses on the subject’s face sharply. The only drawback is that it doesn’t have a viewfinder.
There other perks which improve operation such as a maximum ISO sensitivity of 12,800 for shooting in low light conditions, Bluetooth connectivity for connecting with smartphone and tablets for direct sharing, strong battery life of up to 450 pictures per charge, and many more.
Next is the constructions of this X-A5 which is not only compact but is also lightweight. This camera has been designed to weigh only 361 g. This is because it is made from high quality, but low-density material which makes it easy to carry. The build doesn’t comprise on overall functions. This is the best build you will get at such a reasonable price!
- Lens Mount: FUJIFILM X
- Camera Format: APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Pixels Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution: 6000 x 4000
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 23.5 x 15.7 mm
- Image File Format: JPEG, RAW
- Image Stabilization: None
- ISO Sensitivity: 200 to 12800 (Extended: 100 to 51200)
- Mode – 0 to 60 Minutes in Bulb Mode
- Metering Method: Average, Multi-Zone, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation: -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Continuous Shooting: Up to 6 fps for up to 10 Exposures (JPEG)
- Up to 3 fps for up to 50 Exposures (JPEG)
- Interval Recording: Yes
- Self-Timer: 2/10-Second Delay
- Recording Limit: Up to 27 Minutes
- Audio Recording: Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- Audio File Format: Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Focus Type: Auto and Manual Focus
- Monitor Size: 3″
- Monitor Resolution: 1,040,000 Dot
- Monitor Type: 180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash: Yes
- Guide Number: 13.12′ / 4 m at ISO 100
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/180 Second
- Dedicated Flash System: TTL
- External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe
- Memory Card Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- Connectivity: 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI D (Micro), Micro-B (USB 2.0)
- Wireless: Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth and GPS: No
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 80%
- Battery: 1 x NP-W126S Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 8.4 VDC, 1260 mAh
- Dimensions: 4.6 x 2.7 x 1.6″ / 11.7 x 6.8 x 4 cm (W x H x D):
- Weight with Battery and Memory: 12.73 oz / 361 g
What’s in the box?
- FUJIFILM X-A5 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- FUJIFILM NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- AC Power Adapter
- Plug Adapter
- USB Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Eye AF gives great selfie mode
- The image quality is also excellent
- Gives sharp and clear shots even in poor lighting
- Features Film Simulation modes
- The dynamic range expansion is also very effective
- Can capture 4K video
- LCD rotates for Selfies
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Autofocus also works efficiently
- Viewfinder is absent
- Holding for one-handed selfies can be difficult
- Has sluggish zoom control on 15-45mm kit lens
Here you can watch a video by Kevin and Krista from the YouTube channel Kevin and Krista Extras for having a better understanding about the product:
The verdict is that the Fujifilm X-A5 is way ahead of its rival. It gives you a lot more and cost way less. That is why it is renowned for its plethora of features. From the provision of various functions and filters that aim to 4K Burst Function, it aims to simplify your life in various ways.