The Fujifilm X-A10 is another addition to the brand’s lineup of sleek, light-weight, and mirrorless cameras. The model is somehow a budget version of the more expensive X-A3 and features a 16.3 Megapixel sensor, 180’ tilting LCD, HD video recording, and super intelligent flash.
Besides, the camera has numerous wireless features that help us to communicate with other devices easily. The camera suits best the people who love macro photography, travel a lot, or like to use light-weight cameras.
Fujifilm camera review – Fujifilm X-A10
The camera has been specifically built to be portable. Although, its performance lags far behind the DSLR cameras, yet it is a good option for mid-level photographers or non-professional ones. Also, we can instantly change the exposure, shutter speed, ISO, etc. with the help of two Command dials. There is no complexity as compared to professional cameras and is easy to use.
There is a variety of shooting modes featured by the X-A10 and give a lot of ease to users. Some of them include:
- Sports Mode: This mode increases the shutter speed of the camera and is suitable if you are shooting fast-moving objects.
- Advanced SR Auto: The Advanced SR Auto mode detects the scene automatically and does settings automatically according to the scene. This feature is quite useful and helps the beginners a lot.
- Manual: Well, the manual mode is for experienced photographers who want to do settings according to their own.
- Landscape: Suitable for taking shots of mountains, sceneries, or buildings.
- Portrait Enhancer mode: The portrait enhancer mode is specially designed for selfie mode and enhance or brightens our skin.
This is one of the most loved and admired features of the X-A10. Now you can tilt the screen of your camera to 180 degrees and can easily take the selfies. This is the reason that sometimes it is called the Selfie-ready camera. The Portrait enhancer mode, as described above, further enhances the selfie.
There a lot of wireless features offered by the camera that help us to print or send the photos via various channels. This saves us from saving images in the PC via the cable or the memory card. Even though the memory card often gets corrupt during the process. Let’s have a look at them:
- Control the camera via cellphone: Now, with the help of the Fujifilm Camera remote, you can fully control your camera via your cellphone or tablet. For instance, you can focus, set a timer, adjust ISO, or increase/decrease the shutter speed. This a unique feature and will be useful while taking the family or group photos.
- Transfer files: With the help of WIFI or Bluetooth, you can now quickly transfer your photos from your camera to your laptop or mobile. Even you can browse the images saved in the camera on your mobile phone. For sending purpose, you can send 2 GB of volume at a time.
Fujifilm is a renowned company known for its high-quality images and durable cameras. The quality of the images is no less than the other brands like Nikon or Canon. The Fujifilm’s X-A10 is powered by sharp FUJINON lenses that enhance the processing, and the images are of excellent quality.
The Intelligent pop-up flash system helps you to shoot accurate photos while shooting indoor and low-light conditions. For instance, if you are taking pictures at the birthday party, which usually occurs indoors or you are taking snaps of your food items, the results will be useful, and the light will be entirely controlled.
What’s in the box?
The items described here are general or conventional ones. They may differ according to the region or the country.
- FUJIFILM X-A10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens
- XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II Lens (Silver)
- NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack
- AC-5VF AC Power Adapter
- Plug Adapter
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
For more info about this product, please watch Denny Hermawan’s video on YouTube:
Fujifilm X-A10 Specifications:
- Model Name: FUJIFILM X-A10
- Number of pixels: 16.3 million pixels
- Image sensor: 23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) CMOS with primary color filter
- Sensor Cleaning system: Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage media: SD Card
- File format: Still image (JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG)
- Movie (MOV)
- Audio: Linear PCM Stereo
- Sensitivity: Standard Output Sensitivity: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
- Image Stabilizer: Supported with OIS type lens
- Face detection: Yes
- Eye detection: Yes
- Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
- LCD monitor: 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot Tilt-type, TFT color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
- Movie recording: Full HD 1920 x 1080 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 14 min.
- Touch screen: No
- Wireless transmitter: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
- Wireless functions: Geotagging setup, Image transfer (Individual image/Selected multiple images), View & Obtain Images, PC Autosave, Instax Printer Print
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed / micro USB terminal, HDMI output
- Power supply: NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
- Weight Approx.: 331g / 11.7 oz.
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 40°C / 32 – 104°F
Let’s examine some of the pros & cons of the camera:
- Built-in Wireless (Wi-fi)
- Articulating Screen
- Face Detection Focusing
- 49 Focus Points
- 1.040k dots LCD Resolution
- 32000 Electronic Shutter Speed
- 6.0fps Fast Continuous Shooting
- 331g Light Body
- Time-lapse Recording
- Flash Sync Port
- Selfie Friendly LCD Screen
- Remote control with a smartphone
- No Image Stabilization
- No External Flash Shoe
- No Full HD Video
- No Touch Screen
- No Built-in Viewfinder
- No External Viewfinder Option
- Low Battery Life: 410 shots
- No Environmental Sealing
At last, I will conclude that the Fujifilm X-A10 is overall an excellent camera. Most of the people don’t want to do professional photography. All they want is some mid-ranged camera that has not very high performance, nor high-price. The X-A10 suits them best.
Also, due to its light-weight and compact size, it can be taken anywhere easily. For instance, you are going to the hill station, attending a wedding or there is a birthday party, the results will be great. Besides, the camera is straightforward to operate. So, before buying a camera, consider all of these options.