The Fujifilm X-A10 is another addition to the brand’s lineup of sleek, light-weight and mirrorless cameras. The model is somehow a budget version of the more expensive X-A3 and features a 16.3 Megapixel sensor, 180’ tilting LCD, HD video recording, and super intelligent flash.
In addition, the camera has numerous wireless features that help us to communicate with other devices easily. The camera suits best the people who love macro photography, travel a lot or like to use light-weight cameras.
The camera has specifically built to be portable. Although, its performance lags far behind the DSLR cameras, yet it is a good option for mid-level photographers or non-professional ones. Also, we can instantly change the exposure, shutter speed, ISO, etc. with the help of two Command dials. There is no complexity as compared to professional cameras and is really easy to use.
There is variety of shooting modes featured by the X-A10 and give a lot of ease to users. Some of them include:
- Sports Mode: This mode increases the shutter speed of the camera and is suitable if you are shooting fast-moving objects.
- Advanced SR Auto: The Advanced SR Auto mode detects the scene automatically and does settings automatically according to the scene. This feature is quite useful and helps the beginners a lot.
- Manual: Well the manual mode is for the experienced photographers who want to do setting according to their own.
- Landscape: Suitable for taking shots of mountains, sceneries or buildings.
- Portrait Enhancer mode: The portrait enhancer mode is specifically designed for selfie mode and enhance or brightens our skin.
This is one of the most loved and admired features of the X-A10. Now you can tilt the screen of your camera to 180 degrees and can easily take the selfies. This is the reason that sometimes it is called the Selfie-ready camera. The Portrait enhancer mode as described above further enhances the selfie.
There a lot of wireless features offered by the camera that help us to print or send the photos via various channels. This saves us from saving images in the PC via the cable or the memory card. Even though the memory card often gets corrupt during the process. Let’s have a look at them:
- Control the camera via cellphone: Now with the help of the Fujifilm Camera remote, you can fully control your camera via your cellphone or tablet. For instance, you can focus, set a timer, adjust ISO or increase/decrease the shutter speed. This a unique feature and will be useful while taking the family or group photos.
- Transfer files: With the help of WIFI or Bluetooth, now you can easily transfer your photos from your camera to your laptop or mobile. Even you can browse the photos saved in the camera on your mobile phone. For sending purpose, you can send 2 GB of volume at a time.
Fujifilm is a renowned company known for its high-quality images and durable cameras. The quality of the images is no less than the other brands like Nikon or Canon. The Fujifilm’s X-A10 is powered by sharp FUJINON lenses that enhance the processing and the images are of excellent quality.
The Intelligent pop-up flash system helps you to shoot accurate photos while shooting indoor and low-light conditions. For instance, if you are taking photos at the birthday party which usually occurs indoors or you are taking snaps of your food items, the results will be good and the light will be quite controlled.
What’s in the box
The items described here are general or the expected ones. They may differ according to the region or the country.
- FUJIFILM X-A10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens
- FUJIFILM XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II Lens (Silver)
- FUJIFILM NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack
- AC-5VF AC Power Adapter
- Plug Adapter
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Model Name: FUJIFILM X-A10
Number of pixels: 16.3 million pixels
Image sensor: 23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) CMOS with primary color filter
Sensor Cleaning system: Ultra Sonic Vibration
Storage media: SD Card
File format: Still image (JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG)
Audio: Linear PCM Stereo
Sensitivity: Standard Output Sensitivity: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(
Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
Image Stabilizer: Supported with OIS type lens
Face detection: Yes
Eye detection: Yes
Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
LCD monitor: 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot Tilt-type, TFT color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
Movie recording: Full HD 1920 x 1080 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 14 min.
Touch screen: No
Wireless transmitter: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
Wireless functions: Geotagging setup, Image transfer (Individual image/Selected multiple images), View & Obtain Images, PC Autosave, instax Printer Print
Digital interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed / micro USB terminal, HDMI output
Power supply: NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
Weight Approx.: 331g / 11.7 oz.
Operating Temperature: 0 – 40°C / 32 – 104°F
Let’s examine some of the pros & cons of the camera:
- Built-in Wireless (Wi-fi)
- Articulating Screen
- Face Detection Focusing
- 49 Focus Points
- 1.040k dots LCD Resolution
- 32000 Electronic Shutter Speed
- 6.0fps Fast Continuous Shooting
- 331g Light Body
- Time-lapse Recording
- Flash Sync Port
- Selfie Friendly LCD Screen
- Remote control with a smartphone
- No Image Stabilization
- No External Flash Shoe
- No Full HD Video
- No Touch Screen
- No Built-in Viewfinder
- No External Viewfinder Option
- Low Battery Life: 410 shots
- No Environmental Sealing
At the last, I will conclude that the Fujifilm X-A10 is overall an excellent camera. Most of the people don’t want to do professional photography. All they want is some mid-ranged camera that has not very high performance, nor high-price. The X-A10 suits them best.
In addition, due to its light-weight, and compact size, it can be taken anywhere easily. For instance, you are going to the hill station, attending a wedding or there is a birthday party, the results will be great. In addition, the camera is really simple to operate. So, before buying a camera, consider all of these options.