Dragon Touch 4K 20MP EIS Anti-shake camera is one of the best cameras manufactured by Dragon Touch. In the arena of action cameras, where GoPro is sitting on the top for years, Dragon Touch is expeditiously becoming popular among adventurers and photographers.
One of the reasons for that is the quality this brand is delivering under its price tag. GoPro’s are, no doubt, brilliant cameras, but these cameras involve a great deal of money. Dragon Touch opted for this opportunity, and today it offers very moderately priced action cameras with most of the specifications of GoPros.
4k 20MP EIS not only delivers the 4k videos and 20MP still images, but it has all other specifications of high-end action cameras. It has electronic image stabilization, a waterproof body, amazing modes of slo-mo/time-lapse/burst mode, et cetera for videos/images, remote control, connectivity feature of Wi-Fi, good battery life, and several other features.
With all these features, the manufacturer also sends numerous accessories with Dragon Touch 4k 20MP cameras.
Dragon Touch 4K 20MP EIS Anti-shake camera features:
Design and Built
As an alternative to GoPro in the market, it shouldn’t come to you as a surprise that this camera’s design is somehow similar to the hero series from GoPro. It is made up of plastic and all black. Plastic is of high-quality, which can resist damage caused by drops and bumps.
The camera weighs only 500 grams with ergonomic physical dimensions. At the very front of the camera, the most prominent feature is the zoom lens. This lens is made up of glass. It is of good quality, but it is glass after all.
Avoid cleaning it roughly and with methods other than recommended by the manufacturer to avoid scratches on its surface. A scratch on the front of the lens or a dust particle inside cannot ruin all footage, no matter how perfect the camera settings are.
Though Dragon Touch 4k is small, but it has comparatively large, easy-to-use buttons compared to the usual action cameras. The most prominent one is the two buttons on the right side of the camera, which controls almost all the device settings.
Settings and footages are displayed on two inches screen. The screen is not touched control but is more than good for this price range of the camera. The batteries are not integrated within the body and can be removed and replaced.
Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) / Anti-shake
Shooting at 4k at 30fps that too in action photography might come with the worries about blur footages. But Dragon Touch 4k 20MP got it covered for you. It comes with the modern-day stabilization technology of EIS found in high-end action cameras. Capture fast-moving objects in highly defined and super-smooth images!
No matter how shaky circumstances are, electronic image stabilization ensures consistent framing between multiple video frames. It reduces the blur caused when the object is fast-moving and eliminates the blurs caused by camera shakes.
EIS is mainly used for videos only, showing manufacturers intended to make a reasonably priced action camera to shoot smooth and super stable action videos.
See what others have to say about this camera.
As the name shows, 4k is the highlight of the Dragon Touch 4k action camera specification. Captured videos have a resolution of 4k (3840 x 2160) with 30 frames per second (fps). Though footage results are not as good as delivered by the 4k capable high-end action cameras, the results are rather surprising for the camera’s price.
Videos are smooth and vibrant. And above all, there are multiple video modes when making the shooting experience even better.
Though results are excellent on the ground reality, Dragon touch 4k action camera offers fake 4k. Results are 4k, but these are resized and interpolated. Actual videos are captured in the output resolution of 1080p or 1920×1080.
The camera stretches the resolution inside the camera, resulting in 3840 x 2160, making it 4K. Besides 4k, other resolutions are 2.7K at 30fps and 1080P at 60FPS.
With the 20MP resolution for still images, capture all your adventures and exciting moments. Like shooting modes for video shooting, Dragon Touch 4K action camera offers several still photography modes. Images are saved in JPG format.
A micro SD card is required to store both images and videos, which isn’t included in the package.
Performance in low-light
Unfortunately, just like all other low-end action cameras, this camera doesn’t offer impressive low-light photography results. Footages captured in low lightning comes with an annoying grainy effect.
Place your camera inside the waterproof casing (included in the package) and forget all worries about diving, swimming, etc.
Please do not take the camera inside water without a casing, or it will get damaged instantly. Besides making the camera waterproof, the protective casing also provides the camera with additional protection.
Other amazing features:
- To make the audio more clearer, the camera supports the external microphone.
- It makes sharing easy via a Wi-Fi connection. Captured footage can be live viewed on a smartphone. To enjoy this feature, you have to download the Dragon Touch app first.
- It comes with several modes, i.e., car mode, upside down, time-lapse video, time-lapse photo, loop recording, slow motion, and burst photo mode.
- Comes with a remote controller. It makes it easy to control the camera hands-free. The Remote is designed to wear on the wrist. (Do not wear it inside the water; not waterproof).
- Has an adjustable angle of 170 degrees, unlike other action cameras in this price range.
- Dragon Touch 4k camera can serve as a webcam camera by connecting it with lead to a computer.
- A bundle of accessories is sent with the package.
- Electronic zooming
Dragon Touch 4K 20MP EIS Specifications:
- Brand: Dragon Touch
- Highest video Capture Resolution: 4K at 30 fps
- Lens: Zoom
- Stabilization: Yes. Electronic Image Stabilization
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (Included)
- Waterproof: Yes. Up to 30M
- Remote control: yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Slow-motion: Yes
- Time-lapse: Yes
- Slo-mo: Yes
- Adjustable view angle: Yes
- Storage: Micro SD card. (Not included in the package)
- Package Dimensions: 23.37 x 11.68 x 7.11 cm; 520 Grams
- Date First Available: 15 Sept. 2019
- ASIN: B07W7P1Y9V
What’s in the Box?
- 1x Dragon Touch Vision 4 Lite Action Camera
- 2x 1050mAh Battery
- 1x Waterproof Case
- 1x Remote Control
- 1x Bicycle Stand
- 5x Mount
- 2x Helmet Mount
- 1x Bandages
- 5x Tethers
- 2x Clip
- 1 x Protective Backdoor
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Lens Cloth
- 1x Quick users Guide
- Very reasonable price
- The great value of money
- 4k video and good image quality
- Electronic image stabilization
- Numerous accessories with package
- Easy to use
- Remote controlled
- Waterproof up to 30 meters
- A lot of complaints about Wi-Fi not connecting at all
- Disappointing results for low-light situations
- The microphone stops working at times
- Battery time is much lower if not using the camera in ideal conditions
Despite the low price, Dragon Stone 4k 20mp is such a brilliant performing camera. Highly recommended if you are looking for a reasonably priced camera with features of expensive action cameras!