Canon PowerShot SX620 is a sleek digital camera characterized by a long-reaching zoom. It also features the newly updated high-resolution 20.2MP CMOS sensor complemented by a powerful DIGIC 4+ image processor.
These two form the Canon HS SYSTEM, to deliver more clear and high-quality images with reduced noise. They also enable working in high sensitivities in low-light conditions and allow recording of videos in Full HD at 30 fps.
Apart from imaging capabilities it also sports a 25x optical zoom lens to cover wide-angle for 25-625mm-equivalent focal length range. It is also equipped with Intelligent IS which minimizes the appearance of camera shake leading to sharp handheld shooting. Complementing all these features is a large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD screen which leads to bright and clear composing of imagery as well as review and playback!
Then this camera is accented by a sleek form factor and well-built durable design. It also has additional perks such as inbuilt Wi-Fi with NFC for remote control and wireless sharing.
Let us look at the features of this Canon PowerShot SX620 in detail to understand what makes it so special:
This camera has it all. From optics to performance and appearance to durability, you will find it jam-packed with everything. We will begin with the amazing 20.2MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor which is paired with an excellent DIGIC 4+ image processor.
They both together results in high-resolution imagery as well as notable clarity. They extend ISO sensitivity to 3200 and top continuous shooting rate of 7.1 fps. They combine to form the great Canon’s HS SYSTEM for not only clearer but also richer imagery and vivid details. They also enhance photography in dimly-lit situations and lead to minimized noise.
Moving on beyond stills, the SX620 HS can record Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps. This feature is easily accessible through a dedicated movie button. Apart from that it also incorporates 25x Zoom Lens. This expansive zoom delivers wide-angle coverage for a super-telephoto equivalent focal length range of 25-625mm. This makes it ideally suited to work with an array of subjects.
Moving on is the versatile and Intelligent IS image stabilization system which complemented its extensive reach. It reduces the appearance of camera shake and benefits stills as well as video. There are many modes available including Normal IS which corrects a wider range of movements, Panning IS which reduced deliberate panning motion as it and does not compensate for lateral movements. There is also a tripod dedicated mode which minimizes the slight amount of shake even when using a tripod.
Other modes are Dynamic IS which is for reducing unwanted shaking that mostly occurs while walking and shooting and for recording wide-angle focal lengths and the Macro (Hybrid) IS is for shift-type shake which happens while shooting close-up subject matter.
Coming onto viewing this camera sports a large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD monitor which provides bright clear and eye-level viewing for not only composing imagery but also for navigating the menu, and playback of photos and videos. The screen gives it a sleek design and makes it look classy. So the appearance of this camera also is on point!
This camera also has other perks such as in-built Wi-Fi and NFC which enable users to wirelessly share their results instantly by connecting with their smart devices. It also allows them to remotely control their camera from devices such as cellphones and tablets via Camera Connect app.
It also features a dedicated Wi-Fi button on the camera body to accelerate the process of sharing imagery between devices. Then it also has Auto Zoom feature which helps to maintain consistent compositions and precise framing for sharper focus. There is a creative Shot mode as well which helps to transform captured images into unique pieces of art via 46 in-camera filters such as Retro, Special, Monochrome, and Natural categories.
There is Hybrid Auto mode as well which will shoot video clips prior to capturing of still images to compile them automatically in an HD 720p reel. Then a Smart AUTO feature is also available for intelligent selection of adequate settings based on previous shooting situations.
- Actual Pixels: 21.1 Megapixel
- Effective Pixels: 20.2 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution: 5184 x 3888
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3″
- Image File Format: JPEG
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- Focal Length: 4.5 to 112.5mm
- Optical Zoom: 25x
- Digital Zoom: 4x Maximum
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.2 to 6.6
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 80 to 3200
- Shutter Speed: 1/2000 to 15 Seconds
- Metering Method: Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Auto, Program
- Exposure Compensation: -2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Continuous Shooting: Up to 7.1 fps at 20.2 MP
- Interval Recording: No
- Self-Timer: 2/10-Second Delay
- Recording Limit: Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding: NTSC
- Audio Recording: Built-In Microphone
- Audio File Format: AAC LC
- Monitor Size: 3″
- Monitor Resolution: 922,000 Dot
- Monitor Type: Fixed LCD
- Built-In Flash: Yes
- Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On, Off, Slow Sync
- External Flash Connection: No
- Memory Card Slot: 1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Connectivity: HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Wireless: Wi-Fi
- GPS: No
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 90%
- Battery: 1 x NB-13L3.6 VDC Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 1250 mAh
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 2.2 x 1.1″ / 96.9 x 56.9 x 27.9 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight 6.42 oz / 182 g
What’s in the box?
- 1 × Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Digital Camera
- 1 × Canon CB-2LH Battery Charger for NB-13L Li-Ion Batteries
- 1 × Canon NB-13L Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1250mAh)
- 1 × WS-800 Wrist Strap
- 1 × Limited 1-Year Warranty
- 20.2MP CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- 25x Zoom Lens
- Intelligent Image Stabilization
- Dynamic IS
- large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD monitor
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- Sleek design
- Strong built
- Lack of touchscreen
All in all, this Canon PowerShot SX620 is a versatile camera that provides excellent image quality with exceptional performance. It is a bit pricey, but all the features make it worth every penny. It is ideal for both professionals and beginners alike as it is easy to use but also has advanced features!
So add it to your kit and let colors spread in your life as well as your photos wherever you go!