Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III is a telephoto zoom lens renowned for its versatile range. It can be used with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs and APS-C models. It is also characterized by its relatively lightweight and well-built design, which gives it a compact form factor.
Not only that, it performs beautifully and is ideally suited for all sorts of photography such as portraiture, wildlife, sports, and many more. It features medium telephoto fields of view and delivers fast and accurate autofocus performance thanks to its DC micro motor.
Then its image quality is also top-notch, and it benefits from a Super Spectra coating, which helps minimize lens flare and ghosting in order. This results in the achievement of higher contrast and more accurate colors. Moreover, it also features a seven-blade diaphragm to produce smooth and pleasing bokeh.
Let us look at the features of this Canon EF 75-300mm in detail to understand what makes it so special:
Canon EF 75-300mm F 4-5.6 III lens Review
Canon EF 75-300mm Lens has many features that make it worthy of purchase. There are many features to discuss: light, small, and cheap to versatile focal length range, durability, and performance. Let’s begin with built.
The Canon EF 75-300mm Lens build quality is above par. This includes both lightness is and smooth zoom and focus rings. It can survive a lot of abuse as it is made of durable material that lasts. It is itself compact with 71 x 130.3mm measurements and very easy to carry as it weighs only 480 grams, but it extends significantly when zooming.
As for the price, this Canon Lens also comes with a reasonable price tag to make things even easier for you. Anyone can afford it as it costs considerably less than the rival. It might is cheap, but this doesn’t comprise quality on features. It gives the best value for money as the plethora of features it provides function as well. You won’t find any other lens with so many offerings.
High image quality
The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Lens is also for those who want good image quality. Not only is a telephoto zoom designed for a versatile focal length range from 120-480mm, but it also has a Super Spectra coating on its elements.
This reduced ghosting and flare and results in much better contrast and color neutrality when shooting in bright situations. Sharpness remains at all levels. Even though there is some softness at the corners and center, it produces good images overall.
Chromatic aberrations are also minimum, and vignetting is well controlled as well. The focusing speed is also fast; thus, it is perfect for both beginners and professionals.
Finally, it also features newly developed Micro USM, which makes autofocusing not only quicker but quieter as well. This is what makes it different from its predecessors. An electromagnetic diaphragm complements this micro motor for better photography at fast continuous speeds.
The seven-bladed diaphragm also leads to pleasing bokeh, which is a very decent feature in this price range. There is also a new and improved zoom mechanism, which enables smoother zooming. The zoom ring also looks classy as it has a silver ring on its front part of the now for a luxury touch. So all in all, this lens performs well, lasts long, and looks good too!
Canon EF 75-300mm specifications:
- Mounts On: Full Frame, APS-C
- Lenses / Groups: 13/9
- The angle of View: Horizontal: 27° – 6°50.’
- The angle of View: Diagonal 32°11′ – 8°15.’
- The angle of View: Vertical: 18°11′ – 4°35.’
- Aperture Range – Wide: f/4.0-32
- Aperture Range – Long: f/5.6-45
- Number of Aperture Blades: 7
- Actual Weight: 480g /16.9 oz
- Lens Hood Weight: 25g / 0.9 oz
- In-Use Weight: 505g / 17.8 oz
- Measured Size DxL: 71 x 130.3mm / 2.79 x 5.13”
- Max Length at Full Extension: 197.5mm / 7.78”
- Extends with Zoom: Yes
- Zoom Extension Length: 61.3mm / 2.41”
- Extends with Focusing: Yes
- Focus Extension Length: 13.9mm / 0.55”
- Lens Hood Size (DxL): 86.7 x 55.6mm / 3.41 x 2.19”
- Lens Length with Hood (Min-Max): 183.2 – 251.5mm / 7.21 – 9.9”
- Size of focus Rings: 18mm / 0.71’’
- Size of Zoom Rings: 76.6mm / 3.02”
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Filter Mount Rotates: Yes
- AF Motor Type: Micro Motor
- Full-Time Manual Focus: No
- Focus Ring Rotation: 114°
- Specified Min Focus Distance: 1500mm / 59.06”
- Tested Min Focus Distance Wide: 1369mm / 53.9”
- Tested Min Focus Distance Long: 1449mm / 57.05.”
- Maximum Magnification: 0.25x
- Magnification Range with 12mm Ext Tube: 0.21-0.04x
- Magnification Range with 25mm Ext Tube: 0.39-0.09x
- Zoom Ring Rotation: 90°
- Tripod Ring Included: No
- Lens Hood Included: No
- Weather-Sealed: No
- Image Stabilization: No
- Extender Compatible: No
- Case Included: No
What’s in the box?
- Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens
- E-58 II 58mm Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear Lens Cap)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- User Manual
- Seven bladed diaphragms for nice bokeh
- Precise and quick autofocus
- Reasonably priced
- Versatile zoom range
- Compatible with many canon cameras
- No image stabilization
- Softness at corners and centers
- No weather sealing
All in all, this Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III <- Affiliate Link 🙂 is not only a compact and lightweight 4x telephoto zoom lens, but it is also the most compatible one. It is very versatile and can be used for many purposes, including sports photography, shooting portraits, capturing wildlife, etc… It can be mounted on all Canon full-frame and APS-C format DSLRs.
From optical system and exterior to construction and performance, everything is excellent. So this lens gives you value for money by delivering features and performance, which Canon is famous for!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?