If you are planning to buy a drone, you must be looking for an efficient alternative for the DJI Mavic Series. Good news for you, BeesClover is here in the market with this alternative named as FIMI X8 SE. It is surprisingly a great performer with several features. Here are all the details that you may need about this incredible quadcopter.
Features and details:
FIMI X8 is jam-packed with number of features to talk about. From sleek designed to refined optical results, great battery life and accurate dual satellite system of GPS+GLONASS, here are details of this aircraft for you
FIMI X8 is a very sleek and stylish drone with a foldable and portable design. It is very lightweight i.e. drone with the lowest weight in its category and weighs only 790 grams. This drone is very easy to carry around because of foldable design and its dimensions are only 73x106x204mm when it is folded.
Compared to the previous generation of this drone it has been reduced by 42.8% and the storage space reduced by 70.2%. Remote of FIMI X8 is also very compact and can easily be attached to various sixes of mobile devices. It has stretched structured design with detachable sticks.
FIMI X8 gives high-quality optical output with its high quality and powerful imaging system. The stunning camera of this aircraft is a 4k camera that records 30p in 100MBPS with smooth 3-axis gimbal.
This 3-axis mechanical gimbal is built-in with professional class control algorithms for a drone which helps to attain high-class results even in case of flying fluctuations and high speed. Shooting speed for videos is 4K/30fps, all thanks to Ambarella professional-class image processor. This processor supports shutter speed up-to 1/8000.
The image format of this camera is JPG whereas videos are captured in MP4 format. The FIMI camera can record in several resolution; 4k (3840×2160) in 30/25/24FPS, 2k resolution ( 2560×1440) in 60/50/30/24FPS, 1080p up to 100FPS and 720p in 200FPS.
We bet that you can’t differentiate between the results of this camera and any other expensive professional camera.
The sensor used in FIMI X8 is 12 MP SONY 1MX378. This sensor is one of the best size sensors and it is widely used in high-quality drones. This sensor and f/2.2 aperture lens are combined by a 4k camera. The camera has better low light performance as a single-pixel size for IMX378 is 1.55um.
Digital video transmission system
There is a built-in TDMA high definition digital video transmission system. This feature in collaboration with adaptive streaming bitrate technology enhanced the anti-interference which increased transmission distance up to 5 kilometers.
In ideal conditions, battery life for FIMI X8 is 33 minutes. For the price range of this drone, this is the best battery life available for a drone.
Vision positioning system
This quadcopter uses dual satellite system GPS+GLONASS to ensure faster and accurate positioning and can hover steadily at any altitude. GPS accuracy for this drone is about 2000 meters.
There are three powerful and smart visual tracking modes to lock your desired target precisely and attain an accurate result. These modes are:
- Trace mode: to track the target from different possible angles.
- Lock mode: in this mode, you input your desired perspective or angle of the object and drone follows that.
- Profile mode: in this mode, the drone follows your target from a parallel perspective.
Incredible Cine Shoot
This drone makes capturing cinematic shoots such an easy task. Just a click is required for cine shots. Rocket, Dronie, Circle, and Spiral are four features to assist you in cine shoots. With rocket, you can fly drone upwards with the camera facing to ground.
With Dronie the camera faces the subject while you can fly your drone backward and upward. Circle helps to circle your camera all-around your subject and spiral help to spiral around the subject.
This drone is technologically smart to come back in certain conditions such as signal loss, low battery, loss of directions, etc.
In case of loss signals, after four kilometers the drone starts returning home automatically. The same happens for weak transmission.
The drone also comes back home when the battery is low. Users can set the limit in-app that at what percentage of battery you want your drone to come back.
Your FIMI X8 can cover distance up to 5 kilometers. This aircraft is capable of flying 500m in height. The user has control to set this limit too in-app. You can also fly this drone on only 10 meters of height from the ground all thanks to optical flow stabilization.
This makes this quadcopter an incredible choice for indoor use too. There is front facing obstacle avoidance system too to eradicate the chances of damage to drone during flight.
If you are a new drone user, this drone can be a good choice for you. There is a dedicated mode for new users known as beginner’s mode. You can set height and distance limits for drones to the practice using it without making any mistake.
The camera of a drone supports panorama shoots too. Multiple shots are taken and combined automatically to give out a single panorama. Supported panorama shoots are Pano 180 degrees, Pano-Horizontal, and Pano-vertical.
Precision hovering and landing
GPS + GLONASS system helps to acquire precise positions but even in GPS denied positions, this drone can hover precisely using the front camera and downwards camera. For landing, launching pad is identified by the lower camera of the drone.
Specifications and technical information:
- Brand: BeesClover
- Model Number: ZTT-UK-TOY-20190506-74925DFB07
- Item Type: RC Quadcopter
- Dimensions: 204 x 106 x 72.6 mm
- Diagonal size: 372mm
- Item weight: 790 grams
- Hover accuracy Vertical: ±0.1m (Within the ultrasonic detecting range) ±5m (when GPS Positioning is active)
- Hover accuracy Horizontal: ±1.5m
- Max ascending speed: 5m/s
- Max descending speed: 4m/s
- Max cruising speed: 18m/s
- Flying limit altitude: 500m
- Max Flight Time (if there is no wind): About 33 minutes (at 8 meters per seconds constant speed)
- Wind resistance: ≤50 kilometers per hour
- Satellite positioning systems: GPS+GLONASS
- Operating frequency: 5.725-5.850 GHz
- Remote dimension: 203.8x91x46.6mm
- Charge port type: Micro USB
- Angle control accuracy: 0.004 degrees (can be positive or negative)
- Stabilization: 3-axis Gimbal
- Lens: FOV 78.8 degree
- Aperture: f2.2
- Focal distance: 4.73mm
- Equivalent focal distance: 26mm
- Sensor: ½.3 degree CMOS
- Effective pixels: 12M
- Shutter speed: 8-1/8000s
- Maximum photo resolution: 4000*3000
- Maximum video resolution: 3840 * 2160 30/25/24fps, 2560 * 1440 60/50/30/35/25/24fps
- Image format: JPG ( JPG + DNG)
- Video format: MP4
- Max bitrate: 100 Mbps
- Memory card type: micro SD (U3 or above) 8 – 64 GB
- Propeller length: 8.5 inch
- Propeller pitch: 3.3 inch
- Operating temperature: 0 to 40-degree centigrade
- Package Weight: about 1.97KG
- Package Size: 287 x 247 x 96mm
- 1 RC Quadcopter ( with camera)
- 1 Transmitter
- 1 11.4V 4500mAh Lipo Battery
- 3 USB Cable
- 6 Propeller
- 1 AC Cable
- 1 Charger
- 1 Manual
- The very powerful imaging system
- 4K 100Mbps video output
- 3-axis mechanical Gimbal support
- Settings of the camera can be fully adjusted
- Ambarella professional image signal processor
- Second generation TDMA video transmission system
- Foldable design
- Portable and lightweight
- Powerful propulsion system
- Aerodynamic efficiency
- Better performer than competitors
- Smart tracking modes for safety and ease
- Panorama shots
- Flight planning shootings with more accuracy
- Search and rescue mode
- Precision positioning system
- Number of protections for safe flight
- No so efficient in obstacle avoidance
- Gimbal clearance is quite low
This quadcopter can offer you a wide range of features and professional drone filming experience without breaking your bank. This can be no doubt a high-quality economic and aesthetic addition to your gadgets gallery.